Help Desk

Submit a ticket My Tickets
Welcome
Login

Announcing the OneCloud Tableau BizApp

June 28, 2018

OneCloud is happy to introduce the OneCloud Tableau BizApp. The new functionality provides Tableau administrators and users the ability to connect and automate Tableau, bi-directionally, with a range of applications that co-exist on-premise and in the cloud.

The new set of capabilities include the following command groups:

• Data Source Management: Publish, Update, List, Download, Delete
  • Extracts Management: Build & Update Hyper Extracts / Build & Update TDE Extracts
  • Project Management: Create, Get, Delete and Update Tableau Projects
  • Sites Management: Get Site Info, Create Site
  • User & Group Management: Create, Update, Remove Users & Groups
  • Workbook & Views Management: Publish, Update, Download and Render
  • Server Info: Get Information about Tableau Server

FAQ:

• Does this capability support bi-directional integration?
    Yes! The OneCloud Tableau BizApp can easily exchange data with virtually any system that supports tabular data such as performance management and relational systems.
  • Can Tableau exports be integrated with other systems like Anaplan, Oracle EPM Cloud, and IBM Planning Analytics | TM1?
    Yes! These systems can easily load and export tabular data that can be easily exchanged with Tableau via OneCloud's suite of functionality.
  • What versions of Tableau are supported?
    The OneCloud Tableau BizApp currently supports the following Tableau Server versions: 8.3, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 2018.1
  • Does this new functionality support Tableau on-premise and cloud?
    Yes! Simply use the OneCloud Connection Manager to point to the correct instance of Tableau regardless of location.
  • I need a function for Tableau that is not listed, who can I contact?
    We'd love to hear from you and we can certainly extend the functionality of the OneCloud Tableau BizApp. Simply send an email to support@onecloud.io and we will do our best to add the functionality. 
  • Where can I learn more about these new capabilities?
    Please visit the OneCloud Tableau BizApp documentation here.