Approvals, Triggers and Transformations
Release Date: 5 January 2019
OneCloud will be making enhancements to the platform on Saturday, January 05, 2019, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. EST. The platform may be offline briefly at some point during this release window. Once the release is complete, you can resume your work in OneCloud.
This release is a major release, with new features that we think will improve your experience on the platform, as well as some bug fixes and infrastructure improvements.
This release includes the following major features:
- Pause Chains on Error - You will find an additional option in the error handling section when building commands to pause the chain if the command produces an error. Optionally a notification can be sent upon pausing so that authorized users can troubleshoot and resume the chain when the issue has been solved. This can be useful to resolve data formatting problems or issues that might arise with applications external to OneCloud. See restarting paused chains in action.
- Human Integration Workflow - We are introducing Approvals, also known as human integration workflow, as a new conditional chain event to pause execution until reviewed by an authorized user. The benefit of this feature is to enable human interaction to approve, reject and add additional content such as comments and file attachments. Moreover, this event can be dynamically populated with the outputs of prior commands to create a truly automated approval process. To see this feature in action, visit running chains with approvals.
- Variable Transformation - Variable transformation will extend capabilities to perform various operations on different types of string types. Learn more about the variable transformation operations.
- Trigger Events - Up until now, the only way to execute a Chain was to run manually or via a schedule. With this release, we are introducing the first of many triggers on the platform. This trigger is for the Anaplan BizApp, and will allow your chain to be executed when a new record is found in an Anaplan export. Upon the trigger firing, the data in the new record will be available as an output in the chain. Learn more by visiting the Anaplan Export New Record documentation.
Additional Platform Enhancements
The following minor user interface enhancements have been made:
- Quick environment switcher - Easily switch between environments from the righthand corner of the OneCloud administrative console.
- Improved workflow between Build & Monitor - Efficiently switch between the Build and Monitor perspectives.
- Continuation of work after Command save - Continue to make edits to commands after saving changes to a command.
Each release contains minor enhancements, bug fixes, and (we hope) an improved user experience. Many of our best features and enhancements have come from customer requests, so if there's anything else you'd like to see in the platform, please don't hesitate to let us know!