How to send email notifications, on certain days only
A Chain runs successfully, but only send an email notification that it has been successful on a certain day of the week.
The following Chain is simply a mockup to demonstrate a series of Commands that execute. Anywhere in the Chain, a Conditional Chain Event can be added to check the day of the week. If the day matches, then perform an additional action actions such as send an email notification.
Command Configuration - Conditional Chain Event - Part 1:
Configure the Command with the following:
- Select String as the test data type
- Add the Chain.ExecutionDateTime System Variable
- Type in the day of the week to compare to
Command Configuration - Conditional Chain Event - Part 2:
- Next, use Variable Transformation to transform the Chain.ExecutionDateTime System Variable to a day of the week.
- Depending on your requirements, set the transformation and use the following as an example. Note the %A converts the current date and time to a day of the week. For a comprehensive description of the format specifier, please refer to this strftime format guide.
Add a placeholder Command such as List Directory to send a notification. Be sure to set the Link Condition to Success.
As always, we welcome questions on this post or feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.