Help Desk

Submit a ticket My Tickets
Welcome
Login

Is there a way to get column names and their respective data types?

Hi Team,

Hoping you could assist with the below.

Desired functionality:

Load data from Salesforce into a CSV; Appending an additional column (which is just a datetime stamp of the import). Then creating a SQL table to insert this imported data.

Question / Problem:

Is there a way I can read column names and data types either directly from the the Salesforce import, or from the CSV file? I would like to then use this information to create the SQL table?

• Hi Uwe,

Thank you for your question.  There are actually two questions here, both of which are detailed below.

1. The ability to insert a column to a data set produced by a Command is easily accomplished using the Insert Column Command of the Tabular Transformation BizApp.  The documentation for this Command can be found here. You may also want to review the Variable Transformation documentation for handling date variables.
    2. The ability to retrieve the table definition from a relational source such as SQL Server or Salesforce is currently on our roadmap and an initial release is scheduled for May 16, 2020.  The initial release is expected to support retrieving this information from SQL Server with additional technologies being deployed over time.  I have updated the request to include Salesforce.  I will post back when I have additional information about the timing of Salesforce for this functionality.

We hope this helps and if you need additional support, please feel free to contact us at support@onecloud.io.

1 person likes this
  • Thanks Tony - this answers my question perfectly. I am able to add a column as described above and I will be on the lookout for the release later in May.

Login to post a comment