The OneCloud box BizApp enables OneCloud to interact with box drives to perform various tasks such as upload, download, move, search and delete files as well as create and delete folders and fetch the file and folder URLs.
View the box connection parameters.
The following will create a box Service Account integration:
- Login to Box at https://app.box.com
- From within the box web application, select the Dev Console which is also accessible directly through https://app.box.com/developers/console.
- From within the Dev Console, select Create New App.
- Select Custom App and then click Next.
- When prompted to choose an authentication method, select OAuth 2.0 with JWT (Server Authentication).
- Provide a unique Box app name (e.g., OneCloud Box App) and select Create App.
- After the successful creation of your app, select View Your App.
The Box app configuration interface provides many configuration options. For OneCloud, the following options will need to be set.
- Set Authentication Method to OAuth 2.0 with JWT (Server Authentication).
- Set Application Access to Enterprise.
- Click Save Changes
The Box will also require a public key that is paired with a private key that will be used in the configuration of the OneCloud Box Connection.
- Scroll to the section Add and Manage Public Keys.
- Select Add a Public Key. Adding a public key requires Box two factor authentication (2FA) to be enabled. If 2FA is not enabled, a warning with a link to settings will be displayed. Be sure to enable 2FA.
- Add a Public Key. Follow the instructions for Creating an RSA key pair below.
- Open the file public.pem with a text editor such as Windows notepad.exe. Do not use an editor like Microsoft Word.
- Copy and paste the contents of the file to the Add a new Public Key interface. Be sure to include the header line -----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY----- as well as the footer line -----END PUBLIC KEY----- taking care to include any extra spaces before or after. Click Verify and Save. You will be prompted to enter the 2FA code. Specify the code and Submit
- Once the key has been added, it will be displayed similar to this example:
- Return to the primary Box application (https://app.box.com) by clicking the Admin Console link.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Navigate to Custom Apps and select Authorize New App.
- Copy the Client ID found on the Configuration page for the Box app into the App Authorization window and click Next.
- Authorize for All Users.
- The new application will appear:
To learn more about managing custom apps, see Box's documentation.
Generate the necessary RSA key pair using the OpenSSL utility. If this utility is not available, then please install it from this site. The commands below show you how to generate the correct key pair.
openssl genrsa -out private.pem 2048 openssl rsa -in private.pem -outform PEM -pubout -out public.pem
The output file, private.pem, contains the key that will be added to the OneCloud Box BizApp Connection. The contents of the public key file, public.pem, will be added to the Box custom app configuration in the developer page for Box.
- Create a new OneCloud Connection and select Box.
- Set the Client ID field in the Connection to the Client ID value found on the Configuration page for the Box app.
- Set the Client Secret in the Connection to the Client Secret value found on the same page as the previous step. The following example illustrates where the two values can be retrieved.
- Set the Client Key field in the Connection to the private key in the private.pem file. Note that this will be similar to step #5 in section for configuring the Box application and should include the -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- header line and -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- footer lines and should also include any trailing spaces as with the public key.
- Set the Enterprise ID field in the Connection to the Enterprise ID found in the General page for the Box app.
For documentation on all available Commands, see the box Command Reference.