In addition to manually executing a OneCloud Chain, Chains can be invoked in the following ways:
- Run Chain Event (see Step 1 below)
- Triggered by a schedule
- Triggered by an ActionLink
- Triggered by Anaplan Export New Record
- Triggered by File Events
This short tutorial will explore the first approach, Run Chain Event
- Edit the chain "Simple Extract Chain".
- Edit the chain properties.
- Add the Run Chain Command by dragging on to the pallet.
(Hint: use the Find tool to search for "Run Chain" and/or use the top toolbar to jump to other Chain Events.)
- Edit the Command.
- Select "Triggered Chain" in the Chain to Run option.
- Save the Command.
Location of Run Chain Event
Run Chain Events can be added anywhere in a Chain making them very flexible.
- Publish the "Simple Extract Chain" and Execute the Chain.
- View the Chain running.
- Click on the third Command, Run Chain, and navigate to the "Triggered Chain".
- Confirm that the second Chain executed.