This tutorial will demonstrate how to load data into Salesforce from Anaplan. To ensure this tutorial works properly, we will first create a simple Anaplan Model with some sample Salesforce data and then build a OneCloud chain that will extract updated opportunities from Anaplan and load to Salesforce.
Step 1: Setup up Anaplan Model
- Create a new Anaplan Model: "Anaplan to Salesforce Tutorial"
- Create an Anaplan List: "Salesforce Opportunities List" and load with the following values:
Hint: Hover your mouse over the IDs and then use the Copy tool.
- Create a new Anaplan Module: "Salesforce Opportunities" with "Salesforce Opportunities List" as rows and the following Line Items as columns:
- Copy and paste the following values into the Module's Regular View:
Dickenson Mobile Generators - Updated Name 22000
United Oil Office Portable Generators 125000
Express Logistics Standby Generator 220000
GenePoint Standby Generator 85000
Grand Hotels Kitchen Generator 15000
United Oil Refinery Generators 270000
United Oil SLA 120000
Grand Hotels Guest Portable Generators 250000
Edge Emergency Generator 75000
University of AZ Portable Generators 50000
Pyramid Emergency Generators 100000
Express Logistics Portable Truck Generators 80000
GenePoint Lab Generators 60000
GenePoint SLA 30000
United Oil Installations 270000
Edge Installation 50000
Edge SLA 60000
United Oil Installations 270000
Grand Hotels Generator Installations 350000
United Oil Refinery Generators 915000
University of AZ Installations 100000
Express Logistics SLA 120000
University of AZ SLA 90000
Burlington Textiles Weaving Plant Generator 235000
United Oil Installations 235000
United Oil Emergency Generators 440000
Grand Hotels SLA 90000
United Oil Standby Generators 120000
Grand Hotels Emergency Generators 210000
United Oil Plant Standby Generators 675000
Edge Emergency Generator 35000
- Create a new Anaplan Export Action with the following properties:
|Layout||Tabular Multiple Column|
|Export Definition Name||Salesforce Opportunities - Export.csv|
|Set as default file for||Everyone|
Step 2: Edit the opportunity data in Anaplan
- Edit the data directly in the Anaplan Module with any changes you see fit.
Step 3: Create a OneCloud Chain
- From OneCloud Home select the DEV environment.
- Add a new Chain and name it "Anaplan Opportunities to Salesforce".
Step 4: Add a command to export opportunities from Anaplan
- Add the first Command and select Anaplan Connector-->Run Export Action with Data operation.
(Hint: use the Find tool to search for "Anaplan" and then search for "export".)
- Add the Command by dragging on to the pallet.
- Select the new Command and drag it to the Start. The Chain Start will show a plus icon indicating that you can use that command as the start of the Chain.
Step 5: Add a command to export opportunities from Anaplan
- Edit and name the new Command "Export Opportunities".
- Set the Workspace parameter to the variable "anaplan-workspace". (select from variable list)
- Set the Model parameter to the variable "Anaplan to Salesforce Tutorial".
- Set the Export action parameter to "Salesforce Opportunities - Export.csv".
- Set the Header records to "1".
- Save the Command.
Step 6: Add a command to Map Headers
The headers exported from Anaplan need to be mapped to a format that is supported by Salesforce.
- Add the first Command and select Tabular Transformation-->Map Headers operation.
(Hint: use the Find tool to search for "tabular" and then search for "map".)
- Using a mouse, Connect "Export Opportunites" to "Map Headers.
Step 7: Edit the Command to Map Headers
- Edit the Command "Map Headers".
- Set the Input File by selecting the output "Anaplan Download File" from "Export Opportunities".
- Set the Input Header to following
Salesforce Opportunity List
- Set the Output Header to the following values:
Remember to press the <Enter> key after entering the value
Step 8: Add a command to bulk update opportunities to Salesforce
- Add a third Command and select Salesforce-->Bulk Update operation.
(Hint: use the Find tool to search for "salesforce" and then search for "bulk".)
- Using a mouse, Connect "Map Headers" to "Bulk Update".
- Edit the Command and set the Name to "Opportunities Update**.
- Set the Input File by selecting the output "Map Headers Output" from "Map Headers".
- Set the SObject Name to "Opportunity".
- Leave the default option of File Format and Batch Size.
- Enable "Wait for Completion".
Step 9: Confirm the data in Salesforce with a Custom Report
- Add a fourth Command and select Salesforce-->Download Report operation.
(Hint: use the Find tool to search for "salesforce" and then search for "download".)
- Using a mouse, Connect "Opportunities Update" to "Download Report".
- Edit the Command and rename to "Download Opportunity Report".
- Set the Report ID to
Step 10: Preview the Salesforce Report
- Add a fifth Command and select File Utilities-->List File Content operation.
(Hint: use the Find tool to search for "file" and then search for "list".)
- Using a mouse, Connect "Download Report" to "List File Content".
- Edit the Command and set the Name to "Preview Data".
- Set the File Name by selecting the output "Custom Report CSV" from "Download Opportunity Report".
- Set the Preview Lines to 10.
Step 11: Publish and Run the Chain
Before the Chain can be run, it needs to be published.
- Publish the Chain, clicking the diskette icon in the Chain editor.
- Navigate to the Monitor area of OneCloud by clicking on the plane taking off on the lower right corner.
- Run the Chain.
- Confirm your changes have been made by looking at the output in the final command.
> Execute Actions and Processes