OneCloud has various options to connect and interact with Anaplan. Here is a brief summary:
- Anaplan Standard Connection - used to perform operations including uploading and downloading data and running Anaplan Actions and Processes. This Connection is used to build all your Anaplan automation with the exception of security settings.
- Anaplan Robotic Process Automation Connection - is only used to automate the security settings for new Import Data Sources to change the security setting from No (Keep Private) to Everybody or Admins Only in an automated fashion.
The Standard Anaplan connection - Leverages the Anaplan REST API. To ensure optimal performance, the OneCloud Anaplan BizApp leverages the Anaplan Connect API Client to take full advantage of all the performance enhancements that Anaplan has incorporated into their native command-line client, Anaplan Connect. It is important to note that it is not necessary to install Anaplan Connect to use OneCloud with Anaplan.
The Anaplan RPA connection - As the security settings only need be to configure for a New Data Source once, the Anaplan RPA Connection is generally used in a Chain that is specifically designed to upload the New Data Source. All other Anaplan Chains will use the Anaplan Standard Connection.
For more detail about OneCloud's connectivity options along with support for Anaplan issued certificates and CA-signed certificates, please visit the Anaplan BizApp documentation section.
Create a new Anaplan Model
To avoid working in an Anaplan production model, it is advisable to create a new Anaplan model. When you create a new model, make sure to update your OneCloud Workspace variable with the new value. Alternatively, override the variable in the OneCloud DEV Environment.
Step 1: Create a Connection
Navigate to the OneCloud Connection Manager and create a new Anaplan (Standard) connection. Call the connection "Anaplan (DEV)".
- Set the Connection name
- Set the Authentication type to be "Basic"
- Set the Username to be your own Anaplan Username
- Set the Password to be your own Anaplan Password
- Disable the "PROD" environment
Step 2: Create a Connection for Production
Repeat the steps above, but call the connection "Anaplan (PROD)" and disable the "DEV" environment.
This second step may or may not be applicable to your environment, but is included to simulate connection mapping in a future tutorial which is a feature with OneCloud's Lifecycle Management (LCM).
> Create a Relational Connection